Friday, June 14, 2013

I heart spaghetti squash

I fell in love with spaghetti squash the first time I had it. It's really simple to make, lasts for 10 days in your fridge once cooked, and substitutes any pasta or noodle fantastically :) Case in point is the "Pad Thai" that I made the other night. This is a really quick weeknight meal. Especially if you precook the squash and chicken. I always take the time to cook some protein up in the beginning of the week and use it for quick dinners so I'm not tempted to eat out. I also always have some frozen veggie steamers on hand. Frozen foods may get a bad rap, but frozen vegetables in particular are actually fresher than the veggies you get at the grocery store. Also because of the treatment required before freezing, they have lower traces of pesticides!
The other night when I got home from the gym I was really craving some thai food. So I looked through my pantry and fridge and made up this concoction. This pad thai inspired dish really hit the stop and satisfied my craving the healthy way. It had all the flavors that I enjoy about pad thai even though I didn't have all the ingredients I would normally use on hand. For the full recipe please visit the Flavor section of my page :)

Get in my belly!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment