Tuesday, June 11, 2013

the early bird gets the worm

June marks the beginning of a lot of things for me including summer happy hour, pool, beach, weddings, birthdays, and busy season for me at work. With all of that it becomes easier and easier to not have time for the gym. I either work late during the day or the summer heat gets to me on the weekends. Really it's just laziness and excused :p Last week was definitely and indicator of this. Although I managed to hit the gym a few times during the week, it was very minimal in comparison to my usual workout routine. But I didn't let that derail me because every day is a new day. Just because last week wasn't a good gym week for me doesn't mean this week can't be great. So I sat down and looked through my schedule to see when I could fit in gym time ... and I decided I'd being working out in the morning again. Working out in the morning is a little rough for me because it requires a lot more planning than just throwing gym clothes into a bag, but I just need to suck it up since that's the only reasonable time for me right now. So here is my Week 5 (although technically 6) workout. 
Today's early morning sweat session

Week 5

Exercise Plan

Since I don't usually have as much time to workout in the morning as I do in the evening, I decided to do less cardio, but focus on fat burning or HIIT cardio sessions. My goal is that if I have extra time in the day I'll hit the gym for an additional afternoon cardio session. And if I don't, then at least I got 30 minutes of cardio in that day.

Check out the new layout for my fitness page!

M: Rest
T: Back and 25 minutes StairMaster
W: Chest, Abs, and 30 minutes StairMaster
Th: Legs
F: Arms, Abs, and 30 minutes HIIT workout
S: Shoulders and Spin
S: Legs

No comments:

Post a Comment