Thursday, May 9, 2013

It hurts to lift my arms ... Week 1

On April 28, I ran the inaugural Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC. I previously ran the Nike Half in San Fransisco but was really excited to have this race close to home. This was the first half marathon I had run in over a year because of an injury. So I decided to take time off from weight training. The focus really paid off and I got a PR! But now that the race is over it was time for me to get back to the gym.

Race to ring in my birthday!



When starting weight training, make sure to ease yourself into anything new to prevent injury. Starting this blog is timed perfectly for those of you thinking about starting up your own weight training routine as I'll chronicle the next twelve weeks of getting back into shape. I usually like to make a weekly plan for my workouts so that it's one less thing to think about ... but then again I like to plan everything! This post details this week's fitness and diet goals. It was a sore first week back, but hey that's a sign of a good workout right? Looking forward to the next 11 weeks :)

Not bad from just starting again...

 Week 1

 Exercise Plan

This week's plan focuses on slowing easing back into cardio and weights.  I targeting the fat burning heart rate for cardio and kept my weights at about 80% effort. Visit my fitness page for the details on my strength training.

M: Chest/Tris, 20 min stairmaster
T: Back/Biceps, 20 min stationary bike (12 mph)
W: Legs day (my favorite)
T: Rest
F: Shoulders/Abs, 45-60 min cardio
Sa: 45-60 min Cardio
Su: low activity (yoga, hiking, or rest)

Diet

For details on what I eat every day friend me on MyFitnessPal.com. I share my diary with my friends so they can see what I eat .. even when I cheat a bit :) You'll notice I eat eggs A LOT. They can get a little boring sometimes so I try to make them as fun as possible. Check out my recipe for my huevos rancheros inspired eggs. Also check out my new tip about whole wheat.

Daily Caloric Intake: 1260, 3 meals and 2 snacks a day
Protein: 95g
Fat: 35g
Carbs: 142g

Spicing up eggs




No comments:

Post a Comment